Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday Moments

I think that every weekend we all play this little game of "ready or not here I come" with Monday. Last night Abby had a rough night and didn't go to sleep until about 3 hours later than her normal bedtime. As a parent of an incredibly fantastic child, I realized just how lucky we are. When you have a newborn you very quickly adjust to life with irregular sleep patterns, and then once you have a more regular nighttime sleep pattern it is incredible just how quickly I am used to that again.
As you may know from previous posts my husband, Kyle, is going to culinary school. Because of this I have been fantasising over all of the kitchen gadgets and fun recipes and thought it would only be appropriate to share some of the finds with you. This is, of course, much more fun of a kitchen concentration than looking into my kitchen that desperately needs to be cleaned. That project can wait until later!
Best investment:
Kitchen Aid stand mixer - this little beauty is from a special line for the Susan G. Koman foundation, and it is a fabulous addition to any kitchen. There are attachments to grind meat, make pasta dough, juice veggies and fruits, and so much more!
This next one speaks to a personal love of mine...GARLIC! The Garlic Rocker crushes garlic without becoming impossible to clean after.

If you have kids, you should at least know how to make cupcakes from the boxed brands. Occasionally I find myself glued to Cupcake Wars...and if you didn't know I am a secret cupcake-a-holic indulging in the excuse of having a child to order them! I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of silicone baking cups, but here are some fun footed buddies!

If you have kids, and bake cupcakes, or know anything about shifting sleep schedules then you probably would appreciate the next product as well! Kyle and I went to Rome for about a week last year around this time. We went with family, four other women, and I was almost 20 weeks pregnant. He is one BRAVE man let's just say that. Needless to say, there is an incredible amount of decadent food and amazing wine to be enjoyed in Rome. I ate plenty of the food, but could not partake in the wine. While Kyle and I had dabbled in red wines before our trip, he came home with a love for it and pairing it with food. Here's a little something that comes highly recommended for all of us who can't take the hours to let something properly decant from Wine Weaver
I've never personally tried the above product, but it came recommended on a blog I've read a few times written by a sommelier, so he must have a pretty good base of judgement! We use one of the kinds you can "plug into" the top of the bottle...great stocking stuffer from last Christmas, but this looks pretty cool!

It's probably time to move onto the kitchen because Abby finally went down for a nap about 30 minutes ago and I think I started trying to write this entry about 2 hours ago. Oh well! I hope you all have enjoyed my Monday moment, and the Culinary Chic segment!
Until Next Time

Dabble

No comments:

Post a Comment