Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Designing ADD

Part of the reason I am enjoying this part of life as much as I am is that the freedom I have in my schedule allows me to satisfy my ADD nature when it comes to designing. I think this is part of the reason my house isn't finished pulling itself together yet. I say that like I expect the house to come to life like a Disney movie and whisk itself into shape and full decoration. A girl can dream right? It's either have magic take over, or turn into an episode of Hoarders. If I tried to satisfy my every design obsession I'd end up in a conundrum of overcrowded and broke.
Rather than travel down the dark road to overcrowded insanity, I think I have found a way to satisfy changing seasons, trends, and desires without totally breaking the bank. Pillows! I fell in love with the modern edgy style found at Zinc Door through its sister company Layla Grayce. Every mom who has a desire for design will appreciate the home, mom, and child related items brought by these companies.
Here are some of my favorites:

Kyle would be the first to tell you that I have a minor obsession with throw pillows, as well as accent chairs. Anytime we are out wandering through furniture stores you can find me sitting in accent chairs and magnetizing myself to unique pieces of furniture. Maybe I'm on the quest to find the perfect accent for the empty space left in our bedroom now that Abby is upstairs. Then again, maybe I'm just satisfying my innate desire to dabble in everything that gives me a Chic Moment in my day, even if it's just in daydreaming!

Dabble

No comments:

Post a Comment