Thursday, April 12, 2012

Getting ready for BHI - Part 1

"Have baby, will travel" is getting ready for the summer edition! This year we have two "big" vacations planned that will somehow work their way into the schedule of softball games and culinary classes. The first will be back to Bald Head Island for the fourth year! This is the same spot the Kyle and I had our wedding almost two years ago....how time flys! The second will be to Wellfleet, MA, on Cape Cod. This is the same town I used to vacation with my family when I was growing up; over 14 summers straight! Given that BHI comes first, it will be Abby's first trip to the beach and it will be a family affair!
This picture is one I took two years ago on Bald Head. This is by far one of my favorite places in the entire world! You have the fantastic beach and ocean scenery (as well as some great shells!), and then if you go into the island you have an entirely wooded area that makes you feel like you're in the middle of a rain forest. They have everything you'd need: grocery store, spa, and a surprisingly high number of fun shops! The food is incredible (no matter where you eat), and our favorite place to "dig in" is Eb and Flo's for the steamed crab legs!!!!
Of course, if we're planning a beach trip for our little girl I started looking at some beach fashion. Here are some of my favorites...maybe I can have a mini splurge with some of our tax refund....
All of the above are from Polo. I really love the little kid boat shoes...and have been eying a "grown up" pair for myself as well. The "mommy version" are Sperry's and can be found at Nordstrom
I love the rose gold color, and the mesh sides!
Going to the beach, or even thinking about going to the beach, makes me instantly relax. Whenever I pack I inevitably over pack because what if the weather changes, or I miraculously decide not to lounge around the entire time we're there? Maybe I'll get all of my outfit decisions out of the way through the blog so I only over pack for Abby this year!
Hope you enjoyed the little girl clothes...so much more to come!
Until Next Time
Dabble


No comments:

Post a Comment