Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Importance of Vacation

There are some things in life that you should make a point to do every year no matter what. Ever since 2009 when Kyle proposed to me, going to Bald Head Island had been one of those things for me. I still remember the first trip. It was February and it was freezing rain, but it didnt matter! We fell in love with the escape the island had to offer, the golf cart transportation, the dense forest, and the beautiful beaches. That summer we came back for a week to "test it out". What would the houses be like to stay in? How easy would it be to get everything we needed to the island? Is this a place we could see ourselves continuing to come back to?
I was hooked! Ever since that summer we have come every year for a week. 2nd summer we were married here, 3rd summer we were here with Dablet "in tow" so to speak, 4th year (this year) it's our first beach trip as a family of three!!! What I love about this growing tradition is how I know we will always find a way to do it, and there will always be people who want to come with us. This year there are 2 houses rented and at one given point we will have 20 people here enjoying what BHI has to offer: relaxation. I have been driving around looking at all of the details on the houses, truly amazed by some of the beach architecture. (I will post pictures when I have found all of my favorites!) And I have eaten my fair share of crab legs! YUM!!!!
This, however, is my favorite part of the trip so far!!!! I'll post more later, but for now it's time to relax some more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment