Monday, June 18, 2012

Family Ties

Happy Monday everyone!
Tomorrow is the start to a new chapter of life for us down here in NC. My mom is moving to the area, more specifically about 3.5 miles away from us, for at least a year. She bought a townhouse on a lake with amazing views the end of April, found a renter for her *amazing* condo in Boston, and will be flying down with her two cats in tow tomorrow afternoon! If you had asked me several years ago if I thought this would ever happen I would have told you you were out of your mind. It is amazing how much family relationships can change over time, and as a parent I realize that the actual relationship between parents and their kids is incredibly important!
Not only will this mean some Grandy/Abby babysitting time (let's face it, it's a perk to be able to go out on a date), another cohort to go on Target and Farmer's Market trips, BUT....wait for it....she has a whole townhouse that needs to be decorated!
Insert giddy excitement and bubbly laughter here!
Sure, she's bringing all of her furniture and decor items, but anytime you change spaces; you need to change your look just a bit!
I am beyond excited to help her do that, and to show you some of our DIY "Mrs. Fix-it" ways to make her current things just a bit newer. For now, here's a room that "screams" my mom!
Photo from Coastal Living
The only thing I would change about this would be the curtains, but other than that the glass jars, fresh blue hydrangeas, old books, comfy couch to read on, creme and blue hues....all my mom!

Also on the inspiration boards this week is the second week of the Wayfair contest on Olioboard! The topic is nurseries and kid's rooms (also the topic of the recent OlioHop), and both Dablet and I have an entry! I'd love it if you would check out my boards on Olioboard and vote for either "Dablet does Olio-Nursery" or "Dream A-Way Nursery" in the contest! Also, check out the Facebook page for a giveaway I have going that ties into the contest!
I hope you all have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment