- Go room by room and pick a vision - this can be inspiration boards (made easy by our friends at Olioboard)
- Collect your favorite patterns, colors, furniture....and then do some old fashioned editing
- Set a budget for the entire house - or however many rooms you want to do
- Prioritize the rooms in your house
- Break down your budget by room
- Edit again if needed
- REMOVE EVERYTHING FROM ROOM
- Start with canvas - your paint and wallpaper
- Move furniture back in
- Decorate with accents
- IF IT DOESN'T HAVE A SPACE IN YOUR NEW ROOM....IT DOESN'T GO BACK IN...IT FINDS A NEW HOME OUT OF YOURS!
Sentimentality: that "one thing" you got somewhere that you can't get rid of, but never use, or look at until you wonder for the third time this month if you should throw it out
Time: Isn't it ALWAYS a matter of time?
Expense: Somehow what you dream of putting in your room is always more than you have to spend (at least in my world!) That's why I'm bound and determined to pair up with some fabulous DIY experts and "thrifters" to make your dreams come true!
Inspiration: I know it's hard sometimes to pull your ideas together, hopefully the blog can help! Also, take 10 minutes and pull some things together on Olioboard. You'll be surprised how easy it is and how inspired you can really be!
Here's what I have come up with for my first BIG room project: My home office and client meeting space. Yesterday I posted the room layout and some before pictures. Now, this will show you what I've come up with on Olioboard:
You can shop the items in this look here
I'm off to Goodwill and HomeGoods this weekend to see if I can find anything the budget friendly way! I hope this has sparked a first phase of inspiration, and as always please share your design ideas as well!