Sunday, March 4, 2012

Where do you wake up?

Putting my little bear cub down last night was about a two hour process, THAT hasn't happened in a long time, and it got me to thinking about how much the night before determines how we wake up in the morning. The thing is, Abby was still bright and bubbly this morning talking to herself when she woke up until someone came to get her. She didn't seem to care about her two hour crying and screaming marathon from the night before, but was simply happy to have her bunny and the tags to play with. Why can't my mornings work like that?!?!
It got me to thinking about what we do either the night before, or when we first wake up in the morning. Before getting into bed, and then out of bed when you wake up, I'd bet that you find yourself in the bathroom, and more importantly in the tub or shower. Since we moved into our house I have had a love/hate relationship with our master bathroom. For the LOVE side, we have a HUGE garden tub and a separate shower, lots of cabinet space and an L shaped counter for our sinks so Kyle and I are not on top of each other getting ready. For the HATE side, our shower surround is a blah white marble (as is the tub) and I don't really think the dark cherry cabinets go with the sandy colored tile floor.
I'd be lying if I didn't tell you I want to wake up and jump in a shower like this:
I must give credit for the above to Kohler (of course)....they make your water dreams come true.
I'm still not a HUGE fan of the grey, but would love a look like this:
Personally I'm a sucker for sinks that are bowls on tables. The first time I saw this done outside of a hotel was in my dad's phenomenal condo in Rhode Island. The table was a black granite and the bowl plays off of the fire red/black lacquer look of the oriental themed half bath. Not too shabby for a guy who lives by himself....he had decorating help!
If you don't have a fabulous bathroom to wake up to, you might be better served with some suggestions for how to make using the one you do have more enjoyable. I'll also mention that this will be DRAMATICALLY less costly then a bathroom renovation, and thus why I stick with these products.
Look no further than LUSH Handmade Cosmetics
When I was pregnant I developed a personal relationship with my bath and my FAVORITE product to de-stress, deal with body aches, and attack pregnancy insomnia was the Dreamtime Bath Melt
This little bar of lavender, jasmine,and sandalwood has transformed my blah bathroom into a perpetual Chic Mommy Moment!

Until Next Time and the next room....

Dabble, and a special hello from Dablet (Abby)

No comments:

Post a Comment