Monday, March 26, 2012

Oh yes...it's Monday...

I think I am going to adopt a new practice for Mondays. I need a "fun" way of saying a pro and con list...but essentially that's what it will be. Normally coming out of the weekend you're happy about something, and of course upset that you're coming out of the weekend. I think that if you can find just ONE thing to make you happy about your Monday then we can avoid the phrase "Someone has a case of the Mondays". Today my something to be happy about is that Monday is OVER and I have a fabulous glass of wine in my hand.
My New Year's resolution was perseverance, and here we are at the end of Quarter one and I feel like I'm on the stairsteppper of perseverance more than ever before. I just keep climbing and climbing and everyone at the gym moves on to another machine while I just keep on stepping.
I wish this virtual life gym of mine would automatically lead to toned legs, abs, and a nice ass to boot (hah!), but right now I am less worried about how my dedication could make my body look (because let's face it, I'm not hitting the gym on a regular basis), and I'm more concerned with how my Monday experiences can be turned into life lessons to pass onto my daughter.
Every day I see more free will open up from her and while she is proving to be a VERY decisive child it is mixed with sweet moments of reaching for me to pick her up, and throwing herself backwards while chucking her Nuk across the floor. She is after all my daughter, strong willed. I hope she grows up to be a person who isn't afraid of telling you exactly what she wants. If you fear honesty, who can you look to if you don't end up with what you want? At least if you voice your desires you have a chance of them coming to you; if you stay silent, you have no one to blame but yourself.

OK, so this post is a tad "deep" and not so much "fun Chic Moment Mommy"....but this Chic Mommy needed to have a moment.
Moment over, moving to Mexican food....wish the wine was a margarita. THEN it'd be a great Monday Moment!! Maybe that's the answer...Monday Moments....hmmmm

Until Next Time

Dabble

No comments:

Post a Comment