Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Making home workable

Anyone who has ever worked from home knows that you have to have a space that is both inspirational and workable. Sometimes a desk is not enough. Paint adds dimension and character, and organization is key. However, if you asked anyone who has ever worked with me they would tell you it might take a search and rescue team to find something in my office. Let's just say that I have always had my own type of office organization, yet I love how I feel when I get my space "publicly organized".
Given that I will be working from home exclusively for a while in the not so distant future with our corporate shift, I decided to dedicate a blog to office inspiration and organization. I immediately went to pottery barn (virtually of course) to look at desks....and it kind of spiraled from there. Here are some of my favorites:
This appropriately named Printer's Suite (above) offers up SO much in the realm of organization with all of the drawers. I'm not sure I would know what to make out of all of this possibility but the desk itself makes me inspired to try and find out!


This Bedford "build your own" desk allows you to be creative even in the process. Personally I LOVE the industrial handles, but even more so the inspirational boards on the walls. I always have bulletin boards with photos, cards, paint swatches, and anything else that I am drawn to. Sometimes when you see something it draws you without a direct significance, and then *BAM* you find the perfect use for that piece of inspiration.

This above fabric from Serena and Lily is one of my favorites. It is shown in a mocha, but also comes in a sky blue and a grass green. I have been eyeing it for Abby's nursery, but think it would be a great accent for a home office as well...Chair, curtain, pillow....

Just so we can better look at ourselves being creative, Serena and Lily gave us the Bungalow Mirror. I am personally obsessed with turquoise this year, and I always love natural-esq items. Of course I might need to get a little more work done before I can add this piece to my office collection, but that's what inspiration is for...Right??

I must take my inspiration to cleaning out my home office now and getting it ready to be the home to so many fun and exciting projects!

Until Next Time
Dabble

No comments:

Post a Comment