Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Why Dabble....

Well it's time to get back to blogging. I have long said that I wanted to write a book, but let's face it...I simply do not have the time! So, by blogging, hopefully the book will write itself. In the last 18 months my life has had MANY milestones. I graduated college, got married, moved into a new house, started a custom printing company in a 15,000 square foot building, got pregnant, and had a baby. PHEW!
Anyway, I was talking to a very good friend, Krista, this past weekend when she came to visit us and meet Abby (our daughter) for the first time. I told her that I thought it would be entertaining to chronicle my life, give fun design tips, have our chaotic dogs "write" entries, explain the fabuously rewarding and insanity creating element of life called parenthood, and juggle life through words.
When I was thinking of what to have my "signature" be for my blog I was sitting at my office desk typing with one hand and holding my sleeping 8 week old on my shoulder with my other. Abby is a joy, and has a different nick name for every possible personality (but we'll get into that later). The first week of her life I was trying to work her name into several songs and saying and intead of "Yabba Dabba Do" I said "Abba Dabba Do" and since then have been calling her Dabs or Dabber....then since my life is a hodge podge of a million different things I seem to be dabbling in all parts of life. Thus, "Dabble" was born!
Why Dabble in Chic...
EVERY mom, working woman, combination of the two, single girl of any age...every woman wants a touch of Chic in her life. I might not be able to catch a shower every day (GAH I admitted it), and sometimes I actually leave the house without a touch of makeup...but at the same time I find myself flipping through Vogue or watching episodes of The Rachel Zoe project and becoming infatuated with fashionable moments. We all need to Dabble in Chic at some point every day of our lives, and my mission (that I extend to you should you choose to accept is) is to find the Chic in all of life's crazy moments, even the ones covered in spit up!

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment