I wanted to check in from the Cape and actually talk about the Cape! In case you missed it, I'm spending the week on Cape Cod with Dablet, Kyle, and my mom with a few days in Boston at the end to catch a Red Sox game and see just about as many friends as it's possible to fit in the time allowed!
Cape Cod is my childhood vacation spot and I am SO thrilled to be back! We've already knocked off the following items from the list:
- Toes in the sand on the beach
- Swim in Long Pond (where our rental is)
- See a frog
- See a seal (minus the Great White Shark)
- Eat fresh lobster (pics below)
- Try something new - raw oysters and oyster shooters (pics below)
- Eat fresh fish - swordfish! Others to come
- Eat at PJs (pics below) including clam strip roll, lobster roll, clam chowder, and coffee/black raspberry twist soft serve
- Go to P-Town
Things left to do:
- Go deep sea fishing (Tomorrow!!!)
- Go antiquing/thrifting
- Eat bluefish
- Get Kyle to try an oyster
- Play mini-golf
- ...many more
We have a busy day today of antiquing! (this is probably the BIGGEST reason I'm glad we drove up here from NC....) I'll be sure to tweet my favorite finds even if I can't bring them home with me! Here are the pictures so far:
The perfect day at the pond! Dablet LOVED swimming in her tube and playing with the minnows!
The beach diva!
Sometimes even mamas need a girl's night out! This one was full of new experiences including raw oysters and oyster shooters (raw oyster, vodka, horseradish tomato juice...stir and toss it back!) Plus I saw a seal on the beach...without the Great White!
Thanks for the shirt Grandy! We think she's a "keepah" too!
My Cape Cod food medley...
Broiled swordfish, oysters, and the way to take on a "Lobstah"! OK, I know that's not how you're supposed to do it, but it was a fun picture!
Where are you vacationing this summer? Do you need a stay-cation spot? Check out the OlioHop from Monday for Mom Spots to find the perfect escape ideas at home! Happy Summer!!