Friday, August 31, 2012

Fierce Friday

Happy Friday everyone!
Some of you may have already started your long weekend (good for you!!), and some are eagerly counting down the hours til you can escape!
Kyle and I are packing up Dablet and running away for about 30 hours to Lake Gaston to a friend's lake house, and I am SO excited. We've had a couple of vacations this summer, but for any vacation that involves car rides over 10 hours, or super particular packing to ferry across your items there tends to be just as much stress as relaxation.
This week I've been very inspired (and busy) with a potential new client project, mini pinning rampages, the OlioHop for Dorm Decor, baby shower planning (not mine!), and I am loving every second of it! In the spirit of shared inspiration I want to share some of my favorite looks of the week with all of you. Maybe you'll love them, maybe not, but hopefully they will help you define your own sense of style in the process!
Caitlin Wilson Design
Pinned Here

Photo from Centsational Girl
Pinned Here

Metropolitan Home
Pinned Here

I feel like this last photo conquers something people struggle with all of the time: How to mix patterns in the same color family and make it work. This is probably the most daring of the three photos, but the principle behind it is "do not be afraid to be daring!" 
All of these photos are from my "Room Hue: Black and White" board on Pinterest that I started during yesterday's #DesignPinThurs. If you're on twitter, follow the hashtag every Thursday to see some fabulous design ideas you can use for inspiration yourself (or find the designer behind them!) So why Black and White?! My friend Lynda (whom I haven't actually met yet!) has given me the inspiration to embrace black! Black on walls, clothes, furniture, decor, whatever it may be. I've always worn a lot of black, not to be gloomy, but fierce! Check out her blog, Focal Point, and get some more inspiration! 

Just to give you a little extra incentive to come back, I will be teaming up with Lynda from Focal Point and Julie from Simply Savvy next Wednesday to do the "Big Three Before the Tree": Fall Decor, Tablescapes for Thanksgiving, and Halloween!

Have a great long weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment